Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halloween Forest

I know I am not alone in my love for bottle brush trees. So when I saw this on Sara's blog, I knew I had to try it!


I tried two trees I found at the thrift store, but I think they are made of plastic and they didnt work. So I picked up the one's that she shows from Michael's. They were $14.99 here but on sale this week for $11 and some change. I also used the same color dye that she mentions. I got it in the laundry section at Walmart.






Defiantly kind of messy, but so worth it! Some black dye snuck in under my glove so my hands still have a bit of a grey tint.



Here they are! I haven't done any embellishing as I do not have any vintage balls or anything. I thought about some of the eyeballs like she did, but I'm not sure. I kind of like them how they are!



I think my favorites are the candy corn ones. My black and orange ones didn't come out too great, I guess I didnt let them dry enough. I wouldnt mind getting another batch and doing some more!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

They look great! I was looking at the trees last night in Michael's too. LOL In the photo where you have the orange and black trees upside down drying, what did you use to keep them upright? I'm still thinking of making some of these, now that the swap is out the door. Phew!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that something! I've never seen halloween trees like that before. Pretty interesting. xoxo, Joanna

please sir said...

Oh these look so fun!!!

Sarah and Jack said...

Awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...