Saturday, April 11, 2009

Egg Time!


While I never bothered getting out any Easter decorations this year(I kept saying to myself that I needed to get them out, then it was a week to go and I figured, why bother?), there was no way we could go without coloring eggs. Thanks to our super producing flock of "vultures", we didnt need to buy eggs this year. It's kind of hard to tell in the photo, but there are white, blue & brown eggs in this pot.




They started out with these bright, colorful eggs. But it wasnt long before they started mixing colors, and we ended up with mostly green or orangish-colored eggs. They had fun though.


I usually just get the regular old Paas dye. I think it works the best and makes the prettiest colors. But this year, I figured they were old enough to really decorate the eggs, so I picked up a kit at Walmart that looked like gold-leafing. They really enjoyed this! They should have included more glue in the kit, and I can only imagine the drama that would insue had I let the kids apply the glue themselves (VERY sticky), but overall, I think it was good.




I hope you have a Happy Easter!!

6 comments:

Covered In Crafts said...

Cool! I love the eggs they made. :D

Scott Franson Photography said...

Wow, looks like the kids had a great time! Happy Easter,
Claudia
www.claudiafranson.blogpsot.com

Rebecca said...

What fun! I remember doing this with my kids when they were young. They always had such fun!

Easter Blessings,
Rebecca

roseylittlethings said...

Love the gold leaf, so pretty! we are doing ours tonight!

wholarmor said...

Nice eggs! Happy Easter!

krcrafts said...

What a fun Easter they had! And the eggs were cool. Have to say that it the sweetest picture of Morgan ever. Her dress is precious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...