Saturday, June 27, 2009

A pumpkin update & another outdoor project

A small update on the pumpkins... They are no more. I went out to check on them and a few snapped right off the vine, and a couple were already halfway destroyed. One was still on the vine because the stem was still green & strong. The ones that were already loose had damage on one side. So they're all gone. But it's okay... I knew they would be ripe way before Halloween. We ripped up most of the garden and are going to replant greenbeans, so I think we might try some pumpkins, too. They ripened pretty fast so I'm not sure when to plant them. This is what we ended up with:


For the outdoor project... We got this rundown, raggedy bench from his dad. He got it free from somewhere, work I think. I really should have taken a picture of this before Mike didnt anything to it. But I didnt. Lets just say, this thing looked like hell. The wood was really weathered and warped, and I think broken in places. It was falling out of the end pieces. Some old cedar wood he had laying around, some bolts & a couple cans of spray paint later, we have this!



I kind of thought to myself it might look better white, but this green matches our chairs he just redid, and I think I'm pretty happy with it. Its a major improvement over what it was, and Mike did a great job!





Working on anything exciting this weekend?

4 comments:

Amy Marie said...

i'm not sure about pumpkins for you... mine are just little plants that I planted end of may but the weather is so different here. The bench is beautiful! Turned out great!

roseylittlethings said...

Sorry about the pumpkins! Mine are still in the flowering stage. Love the bench, the rose is pretty in green!!!

Anonymous said...

we had pumpkins just pop up one summer and did the same thing just grew to soona nd the summer heat just ate them up. so i dunno! I love the bench the green is so eye popping! I think I am going to work on some things for swasps! big hugs
toodles-
sarah

Unknown said...

I cannot believe you already have pumpkins! Mine are still tiny little baby leaves, and we'll be super lucky to get a pumpkin at all this year, let alone an orange one!

The bench is fab! Love the green.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...