Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School

Today was the first day of school, so I took the day off work to see them off. Layla is starting Kindergarten this year (how is that possible?!) and Blake is in 2nd grade (time flies!). She was very excited this whole weekend. Every day she was asking how many more days. I dont think Blake was quite as excited, lol.


Getting the backpack ready...





I decided to make that colorful Rainbow Cake that has been circling around other blogs. I thought it would be a little fun thing to do the last day before school started. It was a lot of fun and the kids really enjoyed helping.



Just a cute shot of Morgie since I havent shared any in awhile. She is almost 6 months already! Again, where did the time go?!



Layla had fun picking out her shoes this year. She is such a girl girly. Check em out!




Blake wanted me to get a shot of his, too. He said I never took a picture of them before, lol. He wanted Jordans, but ended up picking these instead. My wallet thanks him.



Almost time to go!






(I made those clippies using a scrap from the embroidery hoops!)



And we're off!



Have fun big girl!



She walked right in and didnt even wait for me. When I walked in she told me she didnt know where to sit. Then the teacher told her she could choose her seat. She picked out her seat & hung her backpack on the chair. The teacher told her to come get a name tag, so I told her goodbye & to have fun. She gave me a big smile & a wave, and I took that as my cue. So it's just me & Morgie until 2:30. It feels pretty strange not having Layla here!


Of course, I come home to find my cat EATING A SQUIRREL in the back yard. YUCK!! Lucky me, I got to bury it. Guess that explains why the squirrels havent destroyed our pecan tree yet.

Anyway, have a great day!

24 comments:

Ashley! said...

Awwww!!!! I miss you guys!! Glad she went off ok! Can't wait to hear how the first week went!

Nicole said...

You have such adorably cute children! And that rainbow cake looks out of ths world!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello! I sent my only child to kindergarten last week. I'm wondering how the years passed by so quickly myself! You have some cuties!

I would totally be freaking out on the squirrel thing - yuck!

Thanks for stopping over! Please come back anytime.

Unknown said...

Cute post! I love how Layla's shoes match her backpack! Very cute pics of the kids. It will seem strange for a while not having Layla around, but then you'll get into a new groove with your youngest. I hope they have a great school year!

Nancy

Amy Marie said...

Those are cute school supplies! Love the shoes and that cake looks so yummy!

Noodle said...

Hi! I saw your comment about your pinkish-orange tile, on V and Co - we had that same tile in our last home, and we found that deep rose (as in tiny roses or rasberries) with deep green hints (as in tiny leaves), say on the bathroom soap dispenser, etc., really made the color look better. Anyway, for what it's worth...

Cute kids, btw!

Mary said...

Your kids are beautiful! It's hard to let them go off to school...I used to love summers cause my kids were home, and I could have fun with them...I missed them when they were in school...I know, I'm weird! Their shoes are just too cute...tell the kids they were a hit today, shoes and all! Mary

Signing Out said...

Ah, the first day of school ... how exciting! Your children are so cute! I love the hair clips.

Jane

PRISM said...

I was awwing all the way through until you got to the squirrel. Ewww!

You have such a beautiful family and I am in awe of that cake. How tall was it!? I love both shoes and clips - too cute :)

Andréann said...

Morgie is so cute!
And you made me want to eat cake!

Those shoes your daughter has... I almost bought them for myself the other day! *cough* I have very little feet....

Kim's Treasures said...

They look so cute all ready for their first day!!! Baby is adorable!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the squirrel...ewww! I came home to a rabbit that someone's cat partially ate a while back! YUCK!

Heidi said...

Cute photos! My youngest is in 2nd grade - like your son, she wasn't very excited either - and my oldest is a sophomore in HS! You are so right about time flying! Thanks for dropping by, BTW.
:)Heidi

Gwen said...

I LOVE Layla's new shoes!

I had to laugh at your cat. My dog does that all of the time, but in his case it is gophers, birds, and lizards. EWW!

I hope that they had a great first day.

Anonymous said...

Hug those babies tight....they grow too fast~

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog today. Please come back soon. Your children are so cute. I'm a teacher and this makes the 3rd week we've been in school already. Isn't it amazing how much they can learn? I love your rainbow cake! I haven't seen one like that. Great job!

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Hello! Thanks for posting on my blog:) I am unhappily anticipating school starting, although we have two weeks yet. I always make a special cake on their first day too, I might have to borrow you're cake idea!!

Cara

Emily said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading comments :) I guess we all have to put up with pranking teenagers no matter where we live....my friend also told me tonight that they had been egged 3 times recently! Love your blog, you are a great thrifter!

Shelby said...

precious children.. going back to school is always so exciting. cheers :)

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What adorable children. I'm glad Layla went off ok.. makes it easier on Mommy.. your cake looks pretty yummy right about now. Thanks for swinging by to say hello. Hope today is a good day your way...hugs ~lynne~

Amy said...

Ahhh..your children are just precious. I remember those wonderful days of starting school. I always took their pictures the first day of school too. It is really fun to look at them years later and see how they have grown. Here's wishing your children a wonderful school year. Amy :)

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Thanks for stopping by! Those clips you made are totally adorable.

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Such cuties!! My oldest picked out the same sneakers. It seemed like everything out this year was full of sparkles and color.
~Michelle

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Your Layla looks very excited :o) & what a cute little doll your Morgie is!

Blake looks happy and ready for school :o)

Hope your day with just the two of you was fun!

Ewww! Yuck on your kitty's morning snack! But hey, your pecans must be well guarded!

Blessings & Aloha!

thank you for stopping by my rooster party & happy that you enjoyed my artwork.

Sarah said...

Wow, that rainbow cake is rather impressive!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...