Saturday, September 19, 2009

Blake's 8!

Blake turned 8 yesterday! Where did the time go?! I can't believe it's been 8 years since his chunky little 9 lb 14 oz butt became part of our family. We love you big guy!


We had some difficulty deciding on a theme this year. First it was Star Wars, then Backyard Adventures, then the movies... But we ended up with Lunar Mini Golf. It's putt-putt played in the dark. There is a bunch of black lights & everything is lit up with neon tape or paint. So instead of t-shirts, I ended up going with visors. We got $1 foam visors & some neon puff paint from Michaels, and wrote everyone's names on them. It turned out great since you couldnt really see who was who!



Layla....


Morgan...


Trey (cousin) & Blake. (I found that shirt at Walmart & thought it would be perfect to wear!)



Some of the art on the wall...








The whole gang in the dark...



And with flash!



The cake... It's a moon with an alien playing golf! (a Ben 10 alien, who thought finding a little alien guy at the store would be so hard? I ended up raiding Blake's toys).


That's a lot of candles!



I think today I'm going to get the house straightened back up and maybe try & finish a project. Hope you have a great day!!



Don't forget about my paint party coming up! Have you done anything with your free Glidden paint? Or any paint for that matter? If so, I want to see it! Come back here on September 28 to share what you've done! Please, spread the word, this is my first party!




10 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Wow it looks like a great party... we had Jac's 8 at a regular mini golf this year.. must be the hot item! I love the cake by the way!

Blue Creek Home said...

Awe... Kid's birthday parties!! It only seems like yesterday that we were doing the b'day party circuit!! They are 20 and 25 now!
I am glad that you came over!
Rhonda

Michelle said...

Such a cute theme for a birthday party and I love how you carried the theme into every aspect. Darling cake too!

Decor To Adore said...

What a fantastically fun theme. My son will turn 8 on the 30th. Great fun.

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

What a great cake! Looks like it was a blast.
I haven't done anything with my free paint yet but I'll try before the party!
~Michelle

Anonymous said...

Ooooh- a party! What free paint? I dont anything about the free paint, but I'll come join the paint party.

The glow in the dark party looks like it was great fun!

Betty said...

Happy Belated Birthday Blake! The party looked like lots of fun...

Thanks Wendy for visiting with me...Betty

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Blake! That is one neat party you had there~

Sarah and Jack said...

I am so swamped and so I am late, but hapde burfday to blake! (Jack loved our glow in the dark golf place, but they closed. Boo.)

Anny said...

What a sweet party :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...