Saturday, July 10, 2010

Easy Update



Just a quick, easy project here. Maybe I'm procrastinating the harder ones? There are so many things I want to finish, but just need one or two things to do it, and it's holding me up. This one started with an old Glade candle jar that we were using as a pencil holder. (Tell me I'm not the only one who cleans out & saves candle jars?) This is what it looked like:


Add some primer.



Some yellow spray paint and some colorful clothesline from the Dollar Tree, and voila... much cuter!


Linked to:
Get Your Craft on Tuesday at Today's Creative Blog
Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts
Look What I Made Day at Creations by Kara
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table & Dreaming

7 comments:

Eva said...

So cute! I usually reuse them as votives. I love that yellow and green, so summery!

Kim said...

Great idea!

Unknown said...

Hey Wendy. Nope, you're not the only one. They just seemed to worthy of more to throw out, but I've never done anything so simple and cute with them. I'm with Eva, I really love the color combination. I'm working on Red, Green and yellow for my porch now.

Have a blessed Sunday. Hugs...Tracy :)

Karie said...

What a great idea. I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing. Karie @ karieschiccreations

Rebekah Lindenmayer said...

I love yellow and green. What a great idea. I keep them all but never do any thing with them. I am going to start looking at them in a new way. Dumb question-Did you use spray primer?

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

What a great way to repurpose items! Love the colors and the clothesline is so clever! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Caitlin said...

such a great idea!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...